Dental Cleanings in Greenwood Village, CO
Welcome to Greenwood Dental Arts
Exceptional oral health care that will make your whole family smile.
Although you brush your teeth every day and floss them, dental cleanings should be a top priority to maintain your oral health and hygiene. At Greenwood Dental Arts, we focus on providing professional teeth cleanings that will help improve your smile and health.
What is a Dental Cleaning?
Dental cleaning is the process of removing tartar, plaque, and stains from teeth and involves the use of special instruments to remove the deposits from your teeth. A registered dental hygienist may also use ultrasonic devices that generate sound waves to remove tartar – depending on what you need. It is recommended that patients get their teeth cleaned every six months by a professional dentist.
Why should you get professional teeth cleaning?
While brushing and flossing your teeth daily, professional teeth cleanings are also essential for maintaining good oral health. A professional cleaning will remove plaque and tartar from your teeth, something that brushing and flossing can’t always do.
What happens at a dental cleaning appointment?
Before anything happens during a dental appointment, your dentist will ask you about your medical history and visually examine your teeth and gums. After the cleaning is complete, your dentist may recommend other treatments, such as fluoride or sealants, depending on your individual needs.
- Removal of plaque and tartar: During a dental cleaning, your dentist or hygienist will remove plaque and tartar from your teeth. If plaque and tartar are not removed, they can lead to cavities and gum disease.
- Tooth polishing: The dentist polishes the teeth to remove surface stains and make them feel smooth. This stage is essential as it can help to prevent cavities and gum disease.
- Expert floss and rinse: The flossing and rinsing of your teeth are done to remove anything left behind between your teeth. This will also help keep your gums healthy.
A dental cleaning appointment typically lasts around an hour. This all depends on what exactly your mouth needs. The cleaning should not take too long if you have a healthy mouth. However, the appointment may last longer if your mouth requires a more specific or in-depth cleaning.
What are the benefits of teeth cleanings?
- Preventing cavities and gum disease: Dental cleanings are essential for preventing cavities, gum disease, and other potential dental problems. If plaque is not removed, it can harden into tartar, leading to gum disease.
- Remove some built-up stains: Dental cleanings also help to remove some built-up stains on your teeth. Often, stains on the teeth build up and cause discoloration over time. This could ultimately result in more serious dental problems if left untreated.
Visit Greenwood Dental Arts for Dental Cleaning
A dental cleaning is essential for maintaining a healthy mouth. If you require a dental cleaning in Greenwood Village, CO, Greenwood Dental Arts are committed to providing the best possible dental care for our patients. Our team of experienced professionals provides a wide range of services to keep your smile looking its best. Contact us today to schedule your appointment.