Welcome to Greenwood Dental Arts
Exceptional oral health care that will make your whole family smile.
Dentures in Greenwood Village, Colorado
Dentures are artificial rows of teeth that restore dental and oral function during extensive tooth loss and decay. They’re custom-crafted to fit comfortably along your gum line, enabling patients to chew their favorite foods more easily. Dentures also improve the patient’s clarity and ease of speech while strengthening the facial structure.
At Greenwood Dental Arts, with dentures, it’s possible to enjoy the same quality of life experienced before losing their natural pearly whites—and with a skilled dentist, others won’t even know you’re wearing them.
Types of Dentures
The most suitable type of dentures depends largely on the degree of tooth loss, along with the style, fit, and function different designs and materials provide.
- Full Dentures can be made to replace entire rows of teeth. They can also be made according to your timeframe—immediate dentures can be manufactured very quickly, while conventional dentures require 2–4 months of design. Conventional dentures provide a more exact fit, and they can last for years, while immediate dentures require more frequent adjustments but are available much sooner.
- Partial Dentures are also available for those who have only lost several adjacent teeth. They also come in multiple styles and materials, primarily:
- Cast metal—long-lasting and potentially bio-compatible
- Acrylic—suitable for immediate dentures and allows for refined color matching with your surrounding teeth
- Flexible—such as Valplast, which is non-allergenic and sits closer to the tissue for improved retention and comfort
- Implant-Supported Dentures: These are a more permanent option suitable when multiple non-adjacent teeth are missing. Two implant options are available:
- Bar-Retained—securely holds the denture in place along a horizontal bar connected to multiple gum implants, providing more evenly distributed force.
- Ball-Retained—held by several ball-shaped supports along the gum line, which requires less vertical space.
Why Does Someone Need Dentures?
High-quality custom dentures are necessary after a large degree of tooth loss starts interfering with normal activities, such as chewing and communicating. Tooth loss most often occurs through:
- Decay when the dental disease takes its toll on the strength and integrity of the teeth
- Gum Disease, if the oral disease progresses below the gum line
- Trauma, after sustaining injuries to the mouth, whether suddenly or gradually over time
Regaining oral function after tooth loss with expertly crafted dentures leads to several important health and lifestyle benefits, such as:
- Improved chewing and speech
- Stronger facial structure
- Increased confidence
What Does the Process of Getting Dentures Involve?
Finding out if you’re a good candidate for dentures begins with an initial consultation. Your trusted dentist will conduct a simple but thorough two-step examination:
- An oral impression, allowing for an accurate assessment of the gum line and any surrounding teeth
- A wax try-in, creating a realistic 3D mold that helps more accurately visualize the final denture
Depending on the extent of tooth loss, your dentist may recommend partial or full dentures. If dentures are appropriate, you’ll be shown the various options, such as those listed above. Finally, you’ll undergo a fitting procedure involving:
- Adjustments for a tight, comfortable fit
- Training on how to wear the dentures properly
- Learning how to maintain dentures with a daily cleaning regimen properly.
Your dentist will then teach you how to identify when your type of dentures must be repaired or replaced.
What Other General and Restorative Services Does Greenwood Dental Arts Offer?
At Greenwood Dental Arts, we provide many important general and restorative dentistry services to keep our patients smiling from ear to ear. Our state-of-the-art dental office provides services such as:
- Dental Implants
- Tooth-colored fillings
- Full and partial dentures
Greenwood Village Dentures: Schedule With Us Today
We provide our Greenwood Village, Colorado, patients with artfully designed dentures that emphasize a comfortable fit and full restoration of oral function.
Regardless of your age or degree of tooth loss, finely crafted dentures allow you to enjoy the foods you love as your loved ones enjoy your most natural, joyful smile. It also improves your speech, making it easier to converse with others clearly and confidently.
Call today, and schedule an initial consultation to see if dentures are right for you.